- NEW CONSTRUCTION
- Cambridge Housing Authority – Cambridge, MA
- Duxbury Housing Authority
- Foxborough Housing Authority
- Winslow Architects Inc. has been selected by the State Designer Selection Board for new construction projects sponsored by local housing authorities. We believe we won the competition for these projects because of our private sector work with our Not-For-Profit clients developing affordable housing for their communities and for our work with modular housing companies.
- In Cambridge, we were selected to design a building that would replace a building to be torn down. The site was in a dense neighborhood in the Cambridgeport Riverside district. We designed a building closely modelled upon the building that was being demolished, but provided new layouts on the interior for 6 units of affordable rental housing.
- In Duxbury and Foxborough, we were selected for the design of new houses using modular construction. We had experience with this type of construction with our 60 unit project in Edgartown. The Housing Authorities had received funding from the State to place houses in existing neighborhoods and asked that the houses be designed as inconspicuously as possible. The housing was to be occupied by persons with mental health disabilities and the intent was to provide mainstream housing at affordable cost. We worked with the modular companies to create such housing and placed one house in Duxbury and in Foxborough.